- ( AP Photo/Rick Scuteri). Arizona head instructor Sean Miller throughout the first fifty percent of an NCAA university basketball game against UCLA, Saturday, Jan. 9, 2021, in Tucson, Ariz.( AP Photo/Rick Scuteri). UCLA guard Tyger Campbell (10 )drives on Arizona guard
- James Akinjo throughout the 2nd half of
- game, Saturday, Jan. 9, 2021,
- on UCLA guard Johnny Juzang( 3) during
- game Saturday, Jan. 9, 2021, in Tucson, Ariz. UCLA won 81-76.( AP Photo/Rick Scuteri). Arizona head trainer Sean Miller talks to UCLA guard Jaime Jaquez Jr. (4) after an NCAA university basketball game, Saturday, Jan. 9, 2021, in Tucson, Ariz.
- UCLA won 80-76.( AP Photo/Rick Scuteri). Arizona head trainer Sean Miller during the initial half of an NCAA college basketball game versus UCLA, Saturday, Jan. 9, 2021, in Tucson, Ariz. (AP Photo/Rick Scuteri). UCLA guard Johnny Juzang( 3) during the 2nd half of an NCAA university basketball
- video game against Arizona, Saturday, Jan.
- , Saturday, Jan. 9, 2021, in Tucson, Ariz.( AP Photo/Rick Scuteri). Program Subtitle of Expand UCLA fans ought to be made use of to limited coatings now. The Bruins have actually removed its last three seminar opponents by a consolidated 11 points – consisting of an overtime – prior to heading right into
- its heavyweight matchup with Arizona
- It’s additionally the initial time – given that
1978 when Arizona signed up with the meeting – that UCLA as well as USC both brushed up the Arizona institutions. UCLA held a 75-71 lead with two minutes to play and also used terrific totally free throw firing to place Arizona away, knocking down six of its last 8 efforts – part of a remarkable 27
of 32 totally free throw efficiency as a team. “I really seemed like we were going to have to win the game at the foul line,” UCLA instructor Mick Cronin stated. &http://#8211; “They’re extremely big and physical.” Tyger Campbell, that celebrated his 21st birthday celebration Saturday, led
the Bruins with a team-high 22 factors on 7 of 10 shooting and an excellent 8 for 8 efficiency from the charity line.” I’m constantly simply taking what the defense offers me, “Campbell said.” When I’m coming off screens( Arizona) was allowing me &http://#8211; to obtain downhill, and also fortunately, I had the ability to strike my &http://#8211; shots today.” At one factor in the very first half, Campbell racked up 12 straight points for UCLA (9-2, 5-0 Pac-12), a majority of the baskets coming off awesome coatings around the key. Campbell’s solo 12-0 run provided the Bruins a 37-30 lead with 3:47 left in the very first fifty percent. He really did not attempt one 3 the entire video game.
Johnny Juzang put in a career-high 16 factors, consisting of 3 3-pointers. “Felt good tonight to simply allow it fly. Thankful we
obtained the win, “said Juzang. Jaime Jaquez Jr. tallied 13 points as well as 9 rebounds, seven of which were protective rebounds, four more than the next best Bruin. It was an area of focus Cronin recognized Jaquez Jr.
needed to concentrate on, specifically versus Arizona (9-3, 3-3), which leads the meeting in rebounding.Related Articles UCLA expects Arizona’s best shot after Wildcats’ loss to USC Cody Riley, UCLA outlive short-handed Arizona State in OT
UCLA males’s basketball ready for second examination without Chris Smith Total list of Heisman Prize champions Pac-12 football: On-field slump, upcoming media rights negotiations make 2021 a year like nothing else” We were paranoid about the protective backboard in this game, “Cronin claimed.” Jaime was the vital to the protective
backboard. It was additionally huge that Jaylen Clark was able to provide Jaime remainder.
” Clark wasn’t the only UCLA player to log much heavier mins than usual.
Redshirt sophomore onward Kenneth Nwuba played 9 mins &http://#8211; greater than his season total up until Saturday night. Nwuba’s last licensed minutes came versus San Diego on Dec. 9. Nwuba didn’t stuff the stat sheet, yet his visibility against Arizona’s big frontline was invaluable, according to Cronin.” He was the MVP tonight,” claimed Cronin of Nwuba, who made use of four
fouls in his nine mins. “The players were pouring water on him in the locker
room after the video game. He was very useful for us tonite, made use of four of his fouls
which was huge for us.” With 12 minutes to play, Cody Riley had three fouls
, Jalen Hill had four and Nwuba his 4, too. Arizona guard James Akinjo, who
went scoreless against USC on Thursday night, started the game 3 of 3 from the area, including two 3-pointers that never touched
the rim. He completed with a game-high 25 factors as well as 8 helps for the Wildcats. Up following for the Bruins UCLA will certainly organize Washington State Thursday on FoxSports 1 as well as Washington on Saturday
at Pac-12 Network. Both video games are scheduled for 2 p.m. at Pauley Structure.