This region is loaded with various other blue-blood programs, consisting of Kentucky as well as Kansas, producing a competitive side of the bracket. A No. 4 seed is the cheapest for the Jayhawks since 2006. The seeding was not an unexpected surprise. They had suffered numerous problems during the period as their run of 14 consecutive Big 12 regular-season champions ended.Related Articles No NCAA Event, NIT for USC basketball March Insanity 2019: NCAA Event West Area failure March Madness 2019: NCAA Event East Area breakdown UC Irvine to deal with Kansas State in preliminary of NCAA Competition in San Jose< a class="article-title" href="https://www.ocregister.com/2019/03/17/march-madness-2019-what-to-know-before-filling-out-a-tournament-bracket/" title="March Insanity 2019: What to understand before filling in a NCAA
brace” > March Madness 2019: What to recognize before filling in a NCAA bracket Washington, which won the Pac-12 regular-season champion, was seeded 9th, knocked because of the toughness of the conference. It was the only Pac-12 team in the top-50 of the INTERNET rankings made use of by the selection committee. Various other major seminars such as the ACC and Large 10 had 9 and eight teams placed in the top-50.
FAVE: North Carolina
It’s unlikely a No. 1 seed will have a much more challenging path to the Final Four than the Tar Heels, yet they do have experience arriving. Senior Luke Maye got on both the 2017 nationwide championship team as well as 2016 national runner-up.
SLEEPER: Iowa State
The sixth-seeded Cyclones are placed 16th in statistician Ken Pomeroy’s rankings, simply one spot less than Houston, the 3rd seed that represents their major barricade to the local semifinal. They also have a senior point player with Nick Weiler-Babb, a secret for any kind of run in the event.
DISMAYED ALERT: Seton Hall over Wofford
The Pirates are clicking at the ideal time, defeating Marquette as well as Villanova to finish the normal season and also nearly winning the Big East competition. They get to the second round for the 2nd straight season.
The bracket is headlined by North Carolina, Kentucky and also Kansas, but the groups with energy may be Auburn and Iowa State. The Tigers won the SEC tournament and also the Cyclones won the Large 12 event, producing the deep collection of groups.
1. North Carolina (27-6): at-large, ACC
16. Iona (17-15): automated, MAAC
8. Utah State (28-6): automatic, Hill West
9. Washington (26-8): at-large, Pac-12
5. Auburn (26-9): automatic, SEC
12. New Mexico State (30-4): automatic, WAC
4. Kansas (25-9): at-large, Big 12
13. Northeastern (23-10): automatic, CAA
6. Iowa State (23-11): automatic, Huge 12
11. Ohio State (19-14): at-large, Big 10
3. Houston (31-3): at-large, American
14. Georgia State (23-9): automated, Sun Belt
7. Wofford (29-4): automatic, Southern
10. Seton Hall (20-13): at-large, Big East
2. Kentucky (27-6): at-large, SEC
15. Abilene Christian (27-6): automated, Southland
BY THE NUMBERS
3 – – Number of teams in the area to win an NCAA championship in the previous 11 seasons.
1984 – – The last time Houston was seeded as high, a season in which it reached the national title game.
- Cameron Jackson, Wofford, guard, 14.6 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 2.7 apg, 1.5 spg, 1.0 bpg
- Cameron Johnson, North Carolina, guard, 16.9 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 2.3 apg, 1.2 spg
- Keldon Johnson, Kentucky, guard, 13.5 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 1.6 apg
- Dedric Lawson, Kansas, forward, 19.1 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 1.3 spg, 1.1 bpg
- Matisse Thybulle, Washington, guard, 9.3 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 3.4 spg, 2.2 bpg